It is the policy of SmarterServices™ to gladly offer refunds to students for exams provided:
- A student has not taken the exam due to dropping the class, need to reschedule the exam at a testing center, having to reschedule the exam due to medical reasons, or student cancels the exam themselves.
- The instructor or administrative faculty has canceled the exam and has requested a refund on behalf of the student.
- A student requests a refund within six (6) months of the exam being offered by the instructor.
- A student is able to produce their student email address as well as the course in which the refund is desired.
- A student has requested a refund in writing via emailing SmarterServices™ support at email@example.com.
- A student is charged twice for the same exam.
- An internet or server outage that would require students to reschedule or retake exams.
- A student has a family or medical emergency.
- A student or student’s family is having a medical procedure.
- A student is taking bereavement time.
- We will not refund if you do not show up to your session. Please reach out to support if you have technical issues or need to reschedule
There are times that a proctor will collect payment on site during the proctoring session even though the student has already paid via SmarterProctoring. When this happens, we must refund the student and then remove the payment from the proctor's account so they cannot pull the payment down, effectively receiving double pay.
DMV REFUND POLICY
- Under no circumstances will a partial refund be issued for a DMV exam.
- Testers are able to cancel or reschedule their exams up to 24 hrs before their exam start time with no penalty.
- Within 24 hrs of the appointment, testers will have to reach out to support for any cancel or reschedule requests. (Please see below for exceptions for rescheduling within 24 hours) We will not refund for anything the tester was clearly notified was an expectation:
- No Show (Tester not logged onto the site within 15 min of exam start time)
- Tester trying to test with a cell phone, tablet or chromebook
- Tester trying to use headphones/earbuds with no option to change audio to a built-in mic
- Tester arriving for their appointment with no ID
- Tester has not complied with the 3 day waiting period for retesting
- Any violations to the DMV rules and regulations or refusal to comply with procedures while testing
- We will allow the tester a refund or reschedule within 24 hrs of the appointment for:
- Tester experiences tech issues that are of no fault of their own
- Tester is unable to get past the utility app while on a computer
- Tester internet becomes unstable while testing
- If a DMV tester is scheduled for the incorrect exam based on their age-bracket we have to cancel and refund this session. The tester will have to completely re- register for a new session with the correct DOB. (Note: Support will be notified by the proctor for this scenario)