If you are running macOS 10.15 or later, you must grant access to the new Screen Recording Permission in order to share your screen during an automated proctoring session. If this setting is not enabled, you will not be able to continue past the screensharing step of Automated Proctoring.
This is a macOS/Apple security setting, we apologize, but we do not have control over this setting. Please follow the steps below if you have issues sharing your screen.
How to enable screen sharing
- Open System Preferences
- Click the Security and Privacy icon
- Choose the Screen Recording option in the sidebar.
- Within the Screen Recording section, click the box next to Google Chrome to allow screen sharing. Please note you may need to click the unlock icon in the bottom left in order to check this box.
- Click the Quit Now button. You will not be able to share until you quit and restart Google Chrome. Please do not worry if you have already started the check-in process for your session as you will be able to begin your automated proctoring session check-in process again.
- Close the System Preferences box.
- Open Google Chrome and navigate back to SmarterProctoring to start the check-in process again.