SmarterProctoring and in-person Testing Centers
SmarterProctoring is a service that connects students to institution approved proctors in their area. Testing centers approved or facilitated by your institution will be listed for selection on your student's dashboard.
Students are responsible for scheduling their exam as early as possible in order to secure an available time slot. If no time slots are available for a student, this is a result of the testing center being completely booked.
SmarterProctoring only connects students to proctors and unfortunately we cannot create additional time slots. If a student is unable to find a time slot may reach out to you via email to request an accommodation to extend the scheduling window.
Quick start guide
Within the first few days of each course start date It is critical that you :
- Login to SmarterProctoring for each course that you are instructing.
- Report any issues that you experience to our SmarterProctoring Support team so they have the opportunity to resolve the issue well in advance of your exams.
Additional Info. for Faculty/Instructors:
- Create your exam as early in the course as possible to provide maximum time to verify functionality
- Availability of time slots at testing centers can fluctuate depending on the number of exams being facilitated at any given time. Please note that a small scheduling window of less than 3 days may not give students the ability to find a suitable time slot.
- For online exams make sure you have the correct URL to the exam in the URL field in SmarterProctoring.
- For online exams the password to the exam in your LMS MUST match the password input to SmarterProctoring exactly.
- Do your best not to edit exam details within 24 hours of the testing window.
- You may use the button located at the bottom of the SmarterProctoring instructor dashboard to connect our support team by chat or email.
If you have any trouble or questions while using Automated Proctoring, the SmarterProctoring support desk is available 24/7 to assist you.