Before your test, you will receive a Confirmation Email. You may also have received a reminder email with the same content.
At the time of your test, click on the link provided to you in the email to go to your test.
2. In the “Your Appointment” box, choose what language you would like to take your exam in from the drop-down box. Then click on “Start Exam”.
3. In the “Using Online Proctoring” box, please click on the Play button and watch the short video. You will now notice that there is a small bar at the bottom of your screen indicating that your screen is being shared. Please DO NOT click “Stop sharing” as this will end your session. We recommend that you click on “Hide”. Then click on “Continue”.
4. In the “Exam Details” box, read the information and then click “Continue”.
5. In the “Preparing for Your Exam” box, please read the information carefully and take a short break if needed. Then click “Continue”. Please keep in mind that you will not be able to test if you are more than 15 minutes late.
6. In the “System Check” box, ensure that the correct Webcam and Microphone are being used. Click “Continue”.
7. In the “Desktop Application Check” box, please read steps 1-3 and click on “Download the Desktop App”.
8. You will notice the SmarterServicesUtility.app appear on your screen along with another pop-up box. Please click “Open”.
9. If you have any open applications, it will show in this box. Please click on “Close Apps”.
10. Click “Continue”.
11. Next, you will see the “Automated Recording Consent” box. Please carefully read each part and check the boxes on the side.
12. Once you have checked all the boxes, sign your name in the box, and click “Submit”.
13. In the “Automated Recording Consent” box, please carefully read the text, click on the boxes, and click “Submit”.
14. In the “Screen Sharing” box, click “Share Screen”.
15. Please click on the image of your screen. You will then see a blue box around the image. Then click “Share”.
16. You will now notice a green border around your screen. While you see this border, your screen is being shared. You will be able to Stop Sharing when your exam is completed by using the button at the top of your screen.
17. Please be patient while a proctor is assigned to you. When a proctor is assigned to you, you will see this box:
18. A SmarterServices proctor will connect with you through voice chat. You will see a bar pop up that lets you know someone is speaking to you. Your proctor will then help you complete the check-in process so that you may continue to your exam.
19. Once your proctor has helped complete your check-in, you will notice the checkmark next to “Proctor Review Complete”. Click “Continue”.
20. Please read the “All Set” information and then click “Continue”.
21. You are now in your exam. Please review your Exam Details and click the red “OK” button.
22. Read the Testing Rules & Guidelines and click the red CONFIRM button.
23. Please watch the short video that will show you everything you need to know to take your exam.
24. If you need to watch the video again, click “Replay”. Otherwise, click “Start Test”.
25. Once you have completed your exam, you may click “Stop Proctoring Session”.
26. You will then see the “Session completed!” box. Your session is now finished. Thank you.
- If you need technical assistance before you are able to speak with a proctor, you can contact our Support Department by clicking on the black "Chat" button at the bottom left of your screen.
- If you need assistance during your test, you can contact a proctor by clicking on the grey "View Proctor Chat" button at the top of your screen.